Harney SWCD has five solar units available for rent. The solar units are attached to a bumper-pull trailer. There are 8’ water troughs that are available for use when renting the solar unit.
The solar rentals can be rented for federal, private or state lands use.
Priority is given to federal land permittees.
The contract is entered into to accomplish the following tasks for the following purposes:
- Improve livestock distribution
- Improve range productivity
- Reduce soil erosion and compaction
- Improve habitat for wildlife
- Meet Allotment Management Plan objectives or Rangeland Health Standards
The cooperator is responsible for the following:
- Pay a refundable $200.00 security deposit
- Pay rental fee of $2.00 per day for use on the federal or state grazing permit of a rental fee of $5.00 per day for use on private land form the day of departure until the day of return.
*Two units of the fleet are solely available to US Forest Service permit holders at no charge. (Title II Grant Funds)