To conserve, protect, and develop soil, water and other related resources for the economic and environmental benefit of the people of Harney County. In carrying out our mission, Harney SWCD works, coordinates, and cooperates with a diverse cross section of stakeholders to ensure that the SWCD is taking a balanced approach to conservation efforts within Harney County.
Harney SWCD is the leader in maintaining and improving soil, water and natural resources in Harney County. The District provides technical assistance, education, and outreach to a variety of stakeholders. The District delivers a diverse and fiscally stable range of programs that serve all residents of Harney County while encouraging a vibrant economy.
The values Harney SWCD strives to meet are:
- provide the proper administration of Harney SWCD funds and practice best management practices that demonstrate fiscal responsibility
- strive for excellence and quality in all areas of program responsibility
- demonstrate the economic importance of agriculture, natural resources, and rural communities
- obtain the respect, trust, confidence and confidentiality of all property owners/operators private property rights
- encourage the stewardship of soil and water
- utilize the application of science and research
- respect the decisions and knowledge of property owners